Saturday 16 August 2008

SHE'S BACK BABY!

OK, I admit that i am ashamed of my lack of bloggage over the last few months. After not posting for a while the idea of writing a blog becomes a really daunting task!

Well, i will start with a few updates...


Hayley and I did indeed do the 5km Race For Life (both in under 39 minutes), and raised £376 which was great!


My next charity thing is 'Operation Christmas Child' (also known as the Shoebox Appeal) http://www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk/ .

My plan is to launch this at Southend Citadel Corps in the next few weeks. If you are at all interested then i will send/give you a leaflet/s... It is such a great cause: I get so much pleasure from hunting around the jewelery section of Primark to find little prezzies for the girlies! PLEASE think about doing one- it gives you a great excuse for 'testing' kids toys in shops!! Anyway, enough of my shameless plugging, i will carry on with my blog...


I have now graduated from uni (so long Reading!) and am about to embark on my FINAL year of education... well i say final, the fact is that after completing my PGCE i will be in the education sector until i am at least 70 years old (providing i can cope with the stress...and the kids!)



I have also become extremely aware of my punctuation, spelling and general written English;* especially after Anna pointed out that my incorrect spelling of definitely (definately in my texts) had cost her a mark on a job application test! So please highlight my mistakes from now on, as an English teacher that cannot use correct the English is sure to stick out like a sore thumb.

* Is this the correct use of a semi-colon? Oh, how worrying!

Over the last few months David and I have had an overnight stay in Dublin (for his 21st) and a week in Calella (in the Costa Brava). Both lovely trips, with the later providing me with a lovely (yet fading) tan. Here is probably the most cheesey holiday picture of all time:

Not sure what else has happened really! I have fallen off the diet and exercise wagon completely the last few months (and have subsequently cancelled my gym membership due to lack of funds). I am therefore waiting for Katie to purchase a wii fit and invite me round for yogo and disney!


I feel i have cleared the blog void, so i may well get back on track with updating this page. Sadly, i expect this will mainly be due to uni deadlines and general procrastination (that word is unbelievably overused nowadays). Whilst writing this i have also realised that it is unlikely for anybody to even read this blog, given that it hasnt been updated for over 5 months! Pah, i will be found via google by somebody; just like i have found John's in google images by typing 'Piriton advert' (1st picture on moderate search) and Katie (7th picture on moderate search) by typing in 'Leigh on Sea Salvation Army'- I salute you Miss Allen!

Actually, there is one more event i should share with you.

My total obsession with The Tudors (BBC2 9PM Friday nights) has hit a new high. Last Christmas saw me spending 3 days solid rewatching the first series on DVD, but now David is cursing the TV schedules as i refuse to venture out on a Friday night for the next 7 weeks. My interest in the subject has found me going to the Southend library EVERY lunchtime to read up on 16th Century British History and even attending the 'Tudor Day' event laid on by the Council for the kids school holidays. The ultra sad thing is that my friends and i made up a group of four 21year old girls visiting a childrens history day, just minutes after leaving Sea Life Adventure (formally known to ALL of us as The Sea Life Centre) without any children in toe. What can i say, we are truly cultured!


AMAZING!!!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Yaey! She is still Staceeee from the blog - welcome home!

Mitchenstein said...

Man, that was an informative post! As I read, I was like 'I'll leave a comment about that', but there were so many that I'll just combine them all into one:

'Congratulations!'

(on doing the run, raising money, graduating, being cheesy, blogging again and going to a kids' Tudor Day).

I'm very proud.

I also couldn't leave it saying '1 comments'.

Katie said...

Hooooray!

I still spell 'definitely' that way sometimes! I'm also convinced that 'apparently' actually has another a (instead of an e) in it. So watch out for that.

(I also once wrote a letter home to parents saying it would be helpful if they gave their child some guidence with their spellings...)

Right, I'm off to google myself.