Monday 7 January 2008

2008-ness

Firstly, happy new year to you all! I saw the year in with a decidely average 'bang', in that a few of us were gathered around a tv and then played family fourtunes and trauma centre on the wii, which, may i add is a haunting experience! Anyway, this rather placid evening does seem slightly worrying when you are still only 20 years old!
Also, hope you had a lovely Christmas! It went rather too quick for my liking, but was, as ever, full of suprises. I.E. I got a sewing machine?!?! Very out of the blue to say the least, but i have rather come around to the idea now. My first obstacle is taking the hem up on some new black trousers. It did make me feel rather old though! Gone are the days of the mountain bike, pram and Mr Frosty; instead i find myself excited opening books on the origins of the English Language. This is partly the reason for my choice of 21st Birthday celebrations.
After much persuasion by my mum i agreed to having a few people over for a bit of food and stuff. However, the idea has grown on me an my imagination had now taken over- it has escalated to a full blown kids birthday party, clearly minus the balloons though. I did dabble in the idea of fancy dress, but figured some people may not like the idea of just turning up to my house dressed as a power ranger for no real reason- i am open for objections to this! Anyway, i should be posting pictures of that in a forthcoming blog.
Now, for the Murder Mystery night. Never before have i seen so many white scarfs in one room! The acting skills of the dvd's characters was much to be desired, but then again, the frequently changing and rather obscure accents used by some of the guests (namely richard and charlotte) were just as bad! Oh and the music CD supplied with the game was interesting to say the least- so much to say that Ryan can produce better chords on his early learning centre keyboard! However all this tack made the night all the more successful, ending with yoga attempts and some guests questioning Ben's true sexuality (well, he seemed to enjoy the character a hell of a lot!)
After posting the pictures on facebook John quickly reminded me that he cannot see them, and so i though id best share them on here. So pretty much this is directed at you JOHN- I spent about 2hours getting these on here!
All of us
The rock-climbing, womanising, poll dancing murderer



And now for the Human Pyramid attempts...
After some pyramid-unstabling bum-wiggling
The Culprit and the SUSPECTED THONG
SUCCESS!!!

2 comments:

Mitchenstein said...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

That must have taken you AGES!

I'm very impressed - and I didn't think the photographic evidence of the thong would come out so well1 I just want to point out that I'm wearing dark navy trousers, so it can't be me!

Katie said...

You've inspired me to ask for a camera for my birthday... (not from you, obviously)

Very good write up Roxy
Rhinestone, well done :-D

Am so excited about this weekend! xx